Well, all you have to do is follow every step with love and care and your cake will be ready in no time. Do not expect your cake to be a smooth and even mass of sweet tasting bread the first time around. You become better with practice. And every time you make it you will discover something new. So go easy on yourself while you bake that simple cake.
Things that you will need:
- A baking pan
- An oven
- Cake Flour (Maida)2 and a half cup flour
- Sugar 1 cup sugar
- Unsalted butter 2 tablespoons of butter
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla flavour drops
- A blender
- A spatula
- Bowls, jars and measures
- Some salt
The Process :
- Smear the baking pan with butter. Do it just right. You can use a brush to smear the butter inside the pan. Not too less and not too much.
- Now sprinkle some flour on it and dust the excess of. Your baking pan is ready. Let it set.
- Pour the cake flour in a bowl. Sieve the flour before you use it so that you do not have any bulbs of flour that are hard to mix and blend. Ensure you have smooth flowing flour without any flour bulbs.
- Now take the butter in a bowl and keep adding sugar as you whisk it. Start whisking with a spatula or use a blender. Keep adding butter and sugar and keep whisking until it all blends together. Keep whisking until it turns very fluffy.
- You can add some drops of vanilla flavour to the butter sugar mix.
- Drop a pinch of salt in it.
- Take the sieved flour in a big bowl and add the sugar and butter mixture. Mix it together with a spatula. You can add the flour little by little so that you do not have any lumps. Keep mixing it until you have a smooth mixture that looks fluffy.
- Add the baking powder now and blend it in the mixture. Do not overuse baking powder. Overusing baking powder can alter the taste of your cake.
- Pour this mix now in the pan you smeared with butter and sprinkled with flour. Pour and shake it so that the cake mix settles well in the pan. Once you have poured the cake mix flatten the top using a spatula. Give it a shake.
- Now put it in the oven at 375oF
- If you have your knife coming out clean then your cake is baked. Avoid over baking the cake, it will harden it.
- Once the baking time is over and you have checked your cake, remove it from the oven. Wear a pair of thick gloves to remove it. Keep it on the table and let it set.
Your basic cake is ready and you can decorate or frost your cake in a number of ways.